Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Crossing the Rockies

We had hoped to head up to Salt Lake City and catch up with Preston and Tara who we met while sailing the Bahamas but snow and sleet met us as soon as we got stared up I-15 so reluctantly we started east on I-70 towards Denver. We had driven I-70 before in a car several years ago so we had an idea of what to expect, sorta. I spent a lot of time praying during the night before about how terrified I was riding down these curving mountain roads.I have been so tremendously blessed to have this opportunity that it was wrong to be so miserable and make Freddie miserable also. Freddie was really doing a great job driving and if God wants me home there is nowhere to hide so I better trust in Him and enjoy the ride!





The mountains are gorgeous aren't they!

Our rivers do not look like this.
Our first tunnel. YIKES!

No problem but kinda spooky inside.
We went right past Vale. Beautiful and people skying everywhere.

Reminds me of snow flocked Christmas trees. Except these are real.
The roads were mostly clear thank goodness.

This lake is still frozen.


We ended staying the night in a little RV Park in Limon Co. that night where there were puddles everywhere from the 7 ft snow drifts from that morning melting in the sunny high 60 degree day.

No comments:

Post a Comment